Please click here for the Year 6 Word Aware words for the first half of the Summer term
Please click here for the Year 6 curriculum overview
Please click here for the Year 6 Homework Policy
Please click here for the Year 6 information slides for September 2020
Top Tips for Year 6 Parents
- Encourage and help your child to become independent and responsible for organising themselves for school. Stepping back just a little more than in previous years.
- Encourage and help your child to be self sufficient and proactive in sorting out friendship issues without adult intervention first.
- Encourage your child to develop routines and identify a regular time for completing home learning each week such as independent reading, homework and additional learning.
- Spend time finding books that promote pleasure for reading and interest your child. Encourage them to read books at the appropriate level for them and complete the Accelerated Reader quiz at school.
- Look for opportunities to recall well-known mathematical facts such as times tables, relationships between fractions, decimals and percentages, shape vocabulary and properties, time and measure etc…
Talk to children about their use of IT and how to keep safe online. Monitor your child's online acitivty and use of social media. Remember
that most social media websites require children to be 13 or older.
Visit the library and museums regularly.
Talk as a family about your day.