WEPS PSA are a group of parents and carers who volunteer their time to raise valuable funds to support the school via fundraising events and initiatives. As someone with a child at the school, you are automatically a member of the PSA. How involved you choose to become is up to you. Being part of the PSA is a great way to get to know other parents, have fun and help with events that support the school and enrich our children’s education at the same time.
Previous PSA events have included:
- Family Race Nights
- Cake Sale
- Bubbles and Bingo
- Christmas & Summer Fairs
- Christmas Trail
- Friendship Disco
- Quiz Night
- Easter Bunny Tea
- Earth Day
- Yoga and Meditation Workshop
- Pick Your Own Fruit
- Smarties Challenge
Who is on the PSA?
All parents are members of the PSA and are welcome to attend meetings and help at events. However, we have some key people who take charge of organising events, managing the money and keeping parents informed:
The PSA Committee for 2022-2023 are:
Kristina Mittra – Chair
Claire Walshe - Vice Chair
Debbi Gorman – Treasurer
Theresa Ponting – Secretary
The PSA Trustees for 2023 are:
Dates for PSA meetings:
We communicate dates through the Facebook group and class whatsapp groups.
How You Can Help
You can help support the PSA in many ways…
- Join us at a meeting: we hold monthly meetings, usually at Horton Golf Club from 8pm, where everyone is welcome to come to suggest ideas, give feedback on events or just to listen to what we have planned. Get in touch with your Class Rep or via email@example.com.
- Become a Class Rep: help promote events and spread the word on PSA news to the parents and carers in your class, either through your class whatsapp group, facebook page or by just chatting to others in the playground.
- Match Funding: Does your employer offer a match funding scheme? This is a great way to maximise money raised at specific events. We would be really pleased to hear from anyone who can offer this.
- Volunteer at an event or support us by simply coming along!
WEPS PSA 100 Club
We have an ALL New 100 Club! Be in with a chance of winning £100 amonth!! Set up a standing order for £5 a month up until July 2024 for a chance to win. Draws will take place monthly from October 2023. Tickets are available to purchase throughout the year with a deadline of 27th of each month it relates to. Further details are on the poster below or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How have we spent the money that has been raised?
So far this year we have raised a total of £8,452, much of which has been donated back to the school. This included some of the following purchases:
- £3000 for books to supplement Accelerated Reader in KS2
- New bakeware items and dance costumes for all pupils to benefit from
- Donations towards whole school events such as A KS2 French play, the reindeer visit and workshops
- Trip subsidies for all year groups
- Football goals and windchaser flags
- £500 to Year 6 leavers events
- Sponsored Scoot money to Reception for new monkey bars
- Sponsored Scoot money to Year 1 for a dinosaur workshop
We would not be able to raise such fantastic amounts of money without the support of our very generous parents.
Raise free funds for our school when you shop online With over 3400 retailers now signed up to easy fundraising.org.uk, it really is an easy way to raise money by everyday shopping. Sign up, either online or by downloading the app, and start raising funds for WEPS today! How does it work? Let’s say you want to buy a pair of shoes from John Lewis. Instead of going to johnlewis.com directly, you first go to easyfundraising.org.uk. From the easyfundraising website, click through to John Lewis to make your purchase. This tells John Lewis that you came from easyfundraising. The price of the shoes is exactly the same. After you buy your shoes, John Lewis will give you a cash reward that you can turn into a donation for the PSA. Easyfundraising collect this and send it on to the school at no extra cost. All you need to do is make sure you choose our school from the list of good causes.
Example retailers available: Amazon, Next, Very, Clarks, Argos, Debenhams, Boots, Booking.com, Thomas Cook amongst MANY others! Thank you to the WEPS families who already use easyfundraising and are contributing to our fundraising total.
Supply name tapes, stick on labels, shoe labels etc. The school receives 20% commission. Orders can be placed at www.easy2name.comPlease type "West Ewell School KT19" in the space "Name of Fundraising Group" when you are completing the order.
www.micro-scooters.co.uk Enter code 124961 at the checkout to raise money for West Ewell Primary School
Donations always welcome
As you can see from the list above we spent a lot of money last year and with an ever-growing “wish list” from the children and teachers, your donations of time and gifts are always welcome! Whenever you have a clear-out at home, please think whether it would be useful for the school or for our fundraising events. For example, books for the library, dressing-up clothes or role-play toys such as dolls’ prams (for Nursery/Reception), spare uniform/PE kit (for sale or as spares in the classroom) outdoor waterproofs, wellies, plants, junk boxes, fabric/curtains (for art/painting), unwanted gifts (for raffle prizes) or small toys/gifts (for lucky dip stalls). If you have anything suitable, please contact a member of the committee to arrange collection/drop off.
Follow us on:
Instagram at WEPS_PSA
Facebook at West Ewell Primary PSA
Email us: email@example.com