About our school
West Ewell Primary School is situated in the community of West Ewell, Epsom. Set back from the road we are lucky to be surrounded by wonderful open spaces including Horton country park, the Hogsmill river and local nature reserve.
Our school has 17 classes, including a specialist centre for Communication and Interaction Needs (COIN) and a nursery where our youngest children begin their journey aged just two. We are privileged to watch our pupils grow and develop through the years until they leave as knowledgeable, articulate young people, moving on to secondary school with confidence, ambition, and a love of learning. We are an inclusive school, which promotes diversity, respect and trust; we ensure that all children’s contributions and successes are valued and celebrated.
Our classrooms are well equipped and engaging environments with emerging technologies. We use resources which enrich the children’s learning experiences and provide further learning beyond the classroom. We have a newly refurbished library and quiet outdoor space for children to continue to develop their love of reading.
We are lucky to have many open spaces including a large field, gardens, a trim trail and wildlife area and have developed these spaces for children to play during break times lunch times and after school.
Our staff are ambitious and forward thinking; we invest in the professional development of every member of the school community and have a talented and dedicated team of teachers and learning assistants who work across the school to support, guide and challenge all children so they reach their full potential.
Children at West Ewell Primary School are excited to come to school because every day is different, full of memorable learning experiences and achievements. We provide an inspiring and challenging curriculum in an engaging and supportive environment which builds on the early experiences your child has had with you at home and develops each child’s individual interests and unique talents.
Our Vision and Values
Our Vision is for pupils to leave West Ewell Primary School and Nursery ready for the next stage in their education, with a love of learning, strength of character and high aspirations for their future.
Our School Values Our school community follow five values of respect, resilience, resourcefulness, reflection and responsibility. These values provide a strong foundation for character development, foster a positive school culture, and equip pupils with essential life skills that are crucial for their personal growth and success in an ever-changing world.
- Respect - This value helps pupils develop strong interpersonal skills, empathy, and a sense of responsibility towards their peers and the wider world.
- Resilience- This value encourages perseverance, adaptability, and a growth mindset, which are essential qualities for success in both academics and life.
- By teaching resourcefulness, we encourage pupils to think creatively, problem-solve, and adapt to various situations. This skill enables them to utilise available resources efficiently, fostering independence and adaptability.
- Reflection fosters self-awareness, critical thinking, and continuous self-improvement, which are crucial for personal and academic growth.
- Teaching responsibility instils in our pupils a sense of duty and accountability. We encourage them to take ownership of their actions and choices, as well as their roles within our school community and the wider society.
Incorporating these values into our curriculum and fostering them in our school culture equips our pupils not only with academic proficiency but also with the qualities required to navigate life's challenges with resilience and a strong moral compass.