Happy Days - Bright Futures
Part of the Bourne Education Trust
Please click here for the Nursery information slides for September 2020
The Prime Areas –
• Personal, Social and Emotional Development (PSED) – Managing Feelings, Making Relationships, Self Confidence and Self Awareness
• Communication and Language (CL) – Speaking, Understanding, Listening and Attention
• Physical Development (PD) – Moving and Handling, Health and Self Care
The Specific Areas –
• Literacy - Reading and Writing
• Mathematics – Number, Shape, Space and Measure
• Understanding The World – Technology, People and Communities, The World
• Expressive Arts and Design – Being Imaginative, Exploring and Using Media and Materials
Our approach to homework is one where we believe that homework should complement our learning in school and not be a stressful experience at home.
Parents are key educators in their children’s lives and have a critical influence over the success of children’s learning. We suggest that in the early stages of a child’s school life at least 10 minutes is set aside each day to talk to your child about their learning, to read with your child, play games and develop their self-help skills.
As your child moves through the Primary phase they will begin to have more formal tasks such as learning multiplication tables and spellings, projects; and be expected to work for longer periods and with increasing independence.
Homework can also be a walk in the park, a swimming trip, baking, an art activity, visiting family.
To find out more about the curriculum we follow, please click on the following link: